Technical Underwriter: Personal Lines – (P/T, job-share or F/T)
- Assess and make decisions on technical underwriting referrals from all areas
- Investigate underwriting concerns arising from a claim - often non-disclosure - and make voidance decisions in accordance with agreed authorities and service standards.
- Provide clear explanations for underwriting decisions, sharing relevant technical information to build and maintain relationships with third party administrators and intermediaries.
- Resolve operational day-to-day problems referred from other functions of the business, ensuring an efficient and high-quality service is extended to all third-party administrators and intermediaries.
- Monitor underwriting processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide recommendations for solving problems or improving procedures or products.
- Comply with the main principles relevant to legal and regulatory controls that govern standard work practices.
- Anticipate, recognise and respond to needs of customers, identify vulnerable customers and support the implementation of customer initiatives.
- Appropriate balance of people and technical skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Customer relationship skills
- Proactive and able to manage a diverse workload
- Able to take a “business view"
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a strong strategic focus whilst responding to the tactical demands
- Team player
- Highly numerate
- Experience in a similar underwriting role preferred but not essential
- Progression in CII examinations or willing to progress, which will be funded by us
As well as a competitive salary, we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
• 12% company pension contribution
• Annual company bonuses
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + an additional 3 volunteering days
• Discounted gadget insurance
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gym membership
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us