Reed HR are working with an Educational Establishment in Central London who are urgently recruiting for an experienced Temporary HR Advisor on a part time basis for 4 days a week.
This role will be based from the offices for 3 days a week and the remaining day will be based remotely.
Working within a small HR Team, this role will provide quality and effective HR generalist service supporting the organisation's objectives. You will provide first line advice and support to Managers and employees on a range of HR queries including Sickness/Absence, Employee Relations, Recruitment, performance management, and Policies & Procedures.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Advising managers on HR related issues including recruitment, learning and development and employee relation issues
- Ensure all HR policies and practices are applied
- Ensure all staff receive the correct induction
- Responsible for learning and development across the organisation
- Resolve individual employee relations issues including grievance and disciplinary at an informal level
- Support managers undertaking investigations, disciplinary cases, capability cases and grievances
- Manage risks relating to employee relations
- Support managers through the probation period
- Support staff in resolving issues on the HR system
Skills and Requirements
To be successful in this role, you will have worked within a HR Generalist Advisor capacity previously, and hold a CIPD qualification. Experience working within an Education environment in a HR role is desirable, along with good Employment Law knowledge. Also if you have used the HR system Carval this will be of benefit for your application.
You will need to have:
- Recent employee relations knowledge
- Experience of using the HR system Carval
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and policies
- Knowledge of Data Protection
- Up to date knowledge of learning and development techniques
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent
- HR Generalist experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and professional HR issues
- Good communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience in an Education setting (Desirable)