We have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our growing Functional Test Software team in Stevenage on a Part Time basis, working as part of a dynamic team delivering and developing innovative test software solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies!
What are we looking for?
Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions is desirable, along with:
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to build high quality software whilst supporting quality practices.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers.
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553.
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design.
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling.
What’s in it for you?
As well as the chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution:
- The role supports the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, giving you the opportunity to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and craft how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools
- Working closely with our colleagues across the UK, France and Italy may also present the chance for travel to other sites. We also have a secondment scheme between France and the UK, for those who might be interested.
- Taking part in special interest groups and communities to improve the way we develop and deliver software in a variety of subjects.
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering.
- A supportive working environment enabling you to grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
- Working at the sharp end of product development and production, enabling the development and delivery of our world leading products to customers.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components.
- Working with a wide range of teams and partners across MBDA to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production;
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever challenging customer requirements
- Adopting agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
What’s great about the team?
- The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. Making it a great place to learn about the company’s entire product range.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.