Our team contains approximately 150 dynamic and friendly people from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines. We recruit proactively from industry, consulting, private equity and audit to create a great blend of experience on each project. This blend of backgrounds helps us learn from each other and stay at the top of the market delivering fantastic results for our clients on landmark Deals.
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Manager in the TMT team, with a background in the software industry, product management and linkages between revenue growth (including sales & marketing) and R&D.
If you join us with prior experience in operational transaction services, you may have a preference for the type of project or business development work you take on. If not, then you are likely to start out working on a range of the different products we offer as a team, including;
- Pre-deal value creation advisory – i.e. where can we see value for our client in this deal?
- Buy and sell side operational due diligence – i.e. has the business been performing well? What could be improved to unlock further value for our client?
- Synergy development and review – i.e. where are the synergies between two businesses and how well has the plan for capturing these synergies been compiled?
- Carve out and divestment support – i.e. what does the business look like standalone, what support and transition services will it need to function? How can we help our clients execute the separation and ensure a smooth Day 1?
- Taking control and 100 day planning – i.e. how can our clients safely take control of the business and manage risk whilst delivering quick wins through the first 100 days?
- Mergers & Acquisitions Integration – i.e. how can our clients protect and grow value in an acquisition, what is the right level of integration to achieve this and what does an effectively run integration programme look like?
- Post-acquisition performance improvement using our Rapid Value Creation methodology –i.e. where might value lie in the business and how can we generate sustainable cost savings?
A career in the DDV team is a unique and rewarding challenge. The work is difficult, often quite complex and done under tight deadlines. As a result, the opportunity for personal and career development is extraordinary with great opportunities for progression, however this career path can be challenging at times.
Whilst the team is London based, deal activity is global, therefore projects can involve travel which can be at short notice. Occasionally projects may also involve being based overseas for multiple weeks with trips home weekly or bi weekly and candidates should be prepared for this.
The team is structured by sector, with specialist cross-sector teams in Finance, Technology and Integration; we also work closely with our colleagues in ‘People in Deals’ who focus on the HR aspects of a deal. Although you will be aligned to a sector or specialist team, the type of client projects you work on will vary based on the demand and the current deal market, therefore a degree of flexibility is expected.
The Senior Manager role is a leadership role at project level. As such, you will be expected to take on a leading role on engagements and management of project team members within 6-12 months and contribute to business development efforts where possible alongside your project responsibilities.
There are plenty of opportunities to get to know your new colleagues. Consulting is a relationship industry after all. We have weekly team newsletters, monthly team meetings and monthly socials, together with an annual away day. The team is a collaborative and supportive environment with lots of chances to socialise across our team and the wider business.
What we are looking for
- Extensive work experience, with the majority in a product management role in a Technology company (ideally software business)
- Demonstrate a broad and comprehensive technical understanding, together with a good understanding of product development processes, concepts (especially in an agile environment) roadmaps and timelines
- Have experience in developing a technology product strategy and vision
- Have planned new features and changes to a product (including research on use cases, market positioning and competitor analysis) and experience in business case creation, detailed functional specifications and wire-frames;
- Have experience in managing one or more development budgets and developed/evaluated R&D return on investments
- Have prototyped and demonstrated new product ideas / features to stakeholders and built consensus for approval
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly assess the performance of a business (or elements of it) and outline improvement opportunities based upon limited information and/ or interactions with Management
- Have experience in leading change projects/ business improvement and delivering quantifiable benefits
We work hard together, so we hire people who treat their colleagues well, who aren’t hierarchical and enjoy creating a happy culture even when under pressure
Extremely comfortable around C suite or senior stakeholders, as most of our work is done at this level; you don’t need to be an extrovert, but confidence definitely helps
Comfortable with uncertainty and excited by the idea that you may not know what country you’ll be in next week
Extremely handy with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it’s critical you can work with these tools
Naturally curious; we love people who can apply logic and problem solving to difficult business problems
Nice to have
- MBA or other business management qualification
- Experience in M&A, synergy, integration and/ or carve-out
- Experience in developing, launching, and marketing products, including implementing or supporting sales and marketing campaigns
- Some professional services experience, either as a consultant/ advisor or as an internal consultant/ advisor within a corporate
- Foreign language skills (oral and written)