Changing the way the world thinks about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role
If you are interested in entering the world of Analytics and Pricing then we have an entry level position of a Part Time Trainee Pricing Analyst in the Biffa Pricing team. Pricing works closely with a wide variety of functions to optimise and enhance the value of the Biffa offer. The role is part time, flexible hours but with a minimum of 22.5 hours per week (further details on application). You will part of a small team and report to the Pricing Manager.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Undertake acceptance testing on system changes
- Resolve issues and queries, promoting improvements as required
- Obtain and combine information from different systems
- Generate weekly reports to benefit specific areas of the business
- Collect, analyse and summarize data for review up to MD level
- Translate pricing and financial concepts into real world actions
- Work with many different people in the business from Operations, Sales, Customer Services, Finance and the Managing Directors
- Work with a leading Business Intelligence package and with the Management Information Team
One standout aspect of the role is that you will develop skills moving large volumes of data around a company in a controlled and disciplined manner. This experience will give a great foundation for using any analysis package in general; these skills are fully portable and universally recognised. Longer term possibilities include:
- Develop expertise to assimilate data coming from different systems and prototype & implement new working methods/schemes.
- Identify trends/opportunities and develop propositions which are then thoroughly disseminated through Biffa.
- Evaluate, deliver and monitor Pricing Programmes that enhance profitability.
No previous experience is necessary, we encourage people from all walks of life to apply. This position is very visible to the leadership team and provides a great opportunity to influence the direction of a market leader and the waste industry in general. You should embody a good selection of the following attributes: logical, persistent, out-going, positive, non-confrontational, proactive, patient, imaginative, innovative, resourceful, collaborative and pragmatic.
Additional key criteria include:
- Enjoy working with numbers and would like to see how they relate to the real world
- Confident in Excel but would like to develop your skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and get satisfaction from putting something right
- Experience of Pre-Sales or Bid Management would be beneficial
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open and honest culture that's based on mutual trust and respect. We're very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and care about what our employees think. At Biffa, you'll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers, and to the communities in which we operate.
We're committed to helping our people fulfill their potential. You'll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including a discount scheme with many high street retailers and entertainment venues