Job title: Treasury Risk Manager
Corporate Title: Executive Director
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Market Risk team is responsible for providing independent oversight of the firm's trading activities based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of all material positions and the current market environment. These findings are reported to key stakeholders within the firm. The role involves a diverse range of risk management responsibilities and provides exposure to the trading desks, other risk teams, finance, and senior management.
This is for an experienced position to act as a Market Risk Manager providing 2nd line oversight of the EMEA Treasury function from within the EMEA Risk Management team. It will involves the following responsibilities, amongst others:
- Enhance Risk Management of market risks managed by the treasury desk.
- Build on existing Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book stress tests to enhance governance & oversight.
- Work with Liquidity Risk Management to ensure 2nd line reviews of Treasury desk are consistent in approach and concentrations/correlations are clearly identified.
- Identify and implement potential improvements in the Risk Framework for 2nd line management of the treasury desk and wider banking book. Ensure policies and procedures are in line with best practice.
- Represent Market Risk function in ILAAP committee.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Good prioritization skills and a strong work ethic
- Takes initiative, and is a proactive and independent worker
- Details and process orientated
- Strong communication skills to articulate requirements and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills to recognize/investigate significant issues
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- 7+ years of experience working for a financial services firm preferably in market or liquidity risk management or as part of a treasury function.
- Degree in Applied Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, or related quantitative field
- Knowledge of market and liquidity risk management methodologies
- Working knowledge of regulatory expectation and street wide best practice with regards to 2nd line management of Treasury desks
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role