These eleven-month placements are for students who need to complete a placement as part of their degree. You could sit a selection of professional accounting exams and leave with a graduate job offer to fast track into a second year role upon graduation. You’ll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on live and interesting client projects. So you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC.
Internal Firm Services
Internal Firm Services business area is responsible for providing generalist HC support across our business which is comprised of over 20,000 employees across the UK. The HC team acts as a liaison, advisor and facilitator between the business and specialist HC support teams, allowing PwC to operate effectively to meet its people agenda.
Working within the Student Recruitment team you’ll provide excellent administrative and operational support to the team, with a particular focus on ensuring a positive experience for all candidates applying to the organisation.
In addition, you’ll be actively involved in specific parts of the selection process i.e. hosting our ‘Career Focus’ candidate assessment days, maintenance of all Career Focus day equipment, building strong relationships with applicants through candidate connect calls, and building a strong relationship with the Human Capital Customer Services Centre (HCCS).
What you’ll do
- Ensure all candidates receive prompt feedback and appropriate guidance during the selection process
- Liaise with assessors to help ensure prompt decision making and the completion of assessment records
- Maintain various reports relating to recruits and joiners to the firm and produce analysis of such information when requested
- Working with HCCS to identify and escalate shortages of interviewer, assessor or ambassador availability from the business and escalate to the appropriate recruiter within the team
- Plan and host Career Focus days.
- Organise logistics for student recruitment attraction events
- Attend a number of recruitment attraction events, with some evening and occasional weekends
- Process invoice payment requests appropriately
- Ownership of recruitment application pipelines.
What you’ll gain
By experiencing life inside one of the world’s largest professional services organisations, you’ll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your commercial and personal skills. Working alongside specialists, you’ll work on projects to give you the best insight into what we’re about. You’ll have the opportunity to build networks with your colleagues and peer group - factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.
What you’ll need
- You’ll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study
- You'll need to be a second year undergraduate university student on a four-year degree expecting to do a work placement in your third year