Caeli Nova was established in 2018 to develop products that use our patented breathing technology to overcome limitations and solve real problems across a range of sectors.
We are now looking for a part-time Vice President Finance to join our growing team, who shares our values and would like to work in a fast-paced, empowered and inclusive environment, whilst fulfilling a wide variety of tasks to support our growth.
Our first product, Cordillera, will utilise this core technology to deliver a long-awaited update to the passenger emergency oxygen system, allowing airlines to operate the most direct routes, reducing fuel and emissions and lowering costs.
We have built a diverse team with a broad range of skills and experience. Every team member makes a unique contribution to both our values and our success. We work in a highly collaborative environment and we have fun while we do it.
The key responsibilities of the VP Finance role will include:
- Being a member of the leadership team of the company, reporting to the CEO, supporting the organisation as we grow to deliver our first commercial contracts and then continue to increase our customer base in future years
- Leading and developing our finance team, which currently consists of a Finance Manager and a Junior Accountant
- Supporting the finance team to prepare timely and accurate financial reports and management information for the leadership team, Board of Directors and our partners at Innovate UK
- Leading financial due diligence activities with investors and capital providers, including for our upcoming Series A fundraising round
- Supporting the team on legal and commercial contracts, including financial modelling of potential customer and supplier contracts, and liaison with our external legal counsel on contractual terms
- Leading shareholder management activities, including cap table management and investor reporting
- Leading debt financing activities and managing current debt providers
- Potentially supporting future equity funding rounds, dependent upon the future needs of the company
We’re open to applicants from a range of finance backgrounds, which could include experience gained in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate environments. More importantly, we are looking for someone who:
- Is able to lead both within the finance function and across our whole company
- Shares our values of Encouragement, Empowerment, Energy, Excellence and Environment
- Has an interest in aerospace or medical devices - this is a plus, but not essential. It’s more important that you are motivated by our mission to bring a new way of thinking to an industry, that will reduce costs and emissions.
Working hours – This is expected to be a part-time role at around three days per week and the exact working schedule can be mutually agreed with the successful candidate. Once in the role, it is expected that there may need to be a degree of flexibly in working hours, to fit with the needs of the business and the person in the role. There may also be the potential to increase the duration in future years, dependent upon the preference of the successful candidate and the needs of the company.
Working location – As we have an R&D workshop on-site, a few of our team have remained working from the office, when necessary, during Covid-19 lockdowns. Since the end of March 2021, we have been operating on a ‘Remote First’ basis, which means that the whole team works from home but the office is open to all if anyone wants to attend for R&D work or any other reason (just wanting to get out of the house and see colleagues is a legitimate reason!). In future, and as government advice changes, we will gradually move towards getting the whole team back into the office for up to 4 days per week. Therefore, the expectation is that the VP Finance will eventually spend the majority of their working hours in the office with team, although exactly how and when is open for discussion, along with the working hours.
To apply - Please send a recent CV and a short statement explaining your motivation for the role to email@example.com, with the email title 'VP Finance application'.