We are looking for experienced Virtualisation Architect to join a tier 1 investment bank for a 12-month contract (PAYE) for our London office. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The Enterprise Tech & Services division is seeking a skilled Virtualisation Architect to design and implement a VMware platform for a new trading environment in Asia. An experienced hands-on architect with solid technical fundamentals, proven expertise with VMware products, and a passion for automated solutions would be the ideal fit for this role.
- Working with Infrastructure Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Network and Security Engineers, to design and implement a well-documented, secure, monitored, stable and supportable VMware plant in a greenfield environment.
- Designing and implementing a lifecycle management plan, including software upgrades, security patching and routine configuration changes
- Acting as a top-level escalation point to perform complex troubleshoots, working with other infrastructure & application owners to resolve issues including performance tuning.
- Experience with designing, building and operating VMware in an Enterprise environment
- Advanced understanding of Enterprise grade compute and storage hardware, including encryption capabilities and key management
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, liaise with vendors and manage issues to resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to work flexible hours (from home) to meet with colleagues in Asia early in the European morning
- Experience automating repetitive tasks related to installation, configuration or management of infrastructure using Ansible, Python, shell or other scripting/programming language
- Recognized relevant industry certifications
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite, you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.