About the role
Working across the Product and Marketing Teams you’ll be working across ESI Media’s portfolio including The Independent and Indy100.
This is a varied role in a fast-paced business where you will get the opportunity to work across different business areas including editorial, marketing and commercial. You’ll be working across different work streams including creative briefs, cross platform marketing campaigns, retention, recirculation and activation. Sitting within the Product Team you will also be working very closely with the Marketing Team, and within the team the Head of Product, Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Designers and the Development Team.
All the relevant skills, qualifications and experience that a successful applicant will need are listed in the following description.
What you’ll bring
- You’ll be experienced in creating cross platform marketing campaigns
- You’ll have some experience creating User interface designs
- Confident in creating short animated videos as part of social campaigns
- Experienced working on brand across mobile, responsive web, iOS and Android app design
- An understanding of HTML, CSS frameworks and design constraints across digital platforms
- Confident in working collaboratively with UX Designers, Product Managers and Developers
- You’ll ask the right questions in order to get a full understanding of the work before you start
- You’ll able to manage your own workflow & have good time management skills
- Comfortable asking questions of stakeholders at all levels in a respectful manner with all personality types
- Have worked in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willingness to continuously improve, be adaptable and align working methods to the needs of the business.
- Bonus if you have previously worked with libraries / design systems
What you’ll need to do
- Create & maintain high quality user interfaces, with guidance from the UX Designers
- To work closely with the UX Designers and Product Managers to ensure UI designs meet requirements and objectives
- Support creating appropriate documentation and specs of your UI Designs to handover to the Development Team
- To do Design QA’s across all UI design that has been handed over to the Development Team to ensure the implementation is as intended.
- To support adding components and UI designs to the multiple design systems across each brand (The Independent and Indy100)
- Present designs to stakeholders, using appropriate methods to communicate efficiently
Tools we use
- Figma is our main design and prototyping tool
- Adobe Creative Suite (mainly use After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Zeplin for dev handover
- ClickUp for tickets and briefing
- Google’s Material Design & Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Slack/Zoom communications
ESI Media is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and portfolio along with salary expectations. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: This role will be remote to begin with as our company closely follows the latest guidelines surrounding Covid-19 but will ultimately be based in our High Street Kensington office.