* Working with Infrastructure Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Network and Security Engineers, to design and implement a well-documented, secure, monitored, stable and supportable VMware plant in a greenfield environment.
* Designing and implementing a lifecycle management plan, including software upgrades, security patching and routine configuration changes
* Acting as a top-level escalation point to perform complex troubleshoots, working with other infrastructure & application owners to resolve issues including performance tuning.
* Experience with designing, building and operating VMware in an Enterprise environment
* Advanced understanding of Enterprise grade compute and storage hardware, including encryption capabilities and key management
* Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, liaise with vendors and manage issues to resolution
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
* Willingness to work flexible hours (from home) to meet with colleagues in Asia early in the European morning
* Experience automating repetitive tasks related to installation, configuration or management of infrastructure using Ansible, Python, shell or other scripting/programming language
* Recognized relevant industry certifications
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite at Morgan Stanley you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Morgan Stanley's skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
Interested in flexible working opportunities?
Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/contract assignment
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and Morgan Stanley employees.