Develop your career at the heart of our business
When you join our 20 week Returnship programme as a VP for Coverage Areas within Santander Global Corporate Bank, you will be provided with the opportunity to ensure that all regulatory and governance requirements are met with and desk processes and procedures are followed including the maintenance of client management information.
This role will be centred on client coverage/ SGCB product offering whilst working in conjunction with banking partners and SGCB business area, stakeholders and liaising with trade to find new ways of improving the profile of the books. One of the main focuses will be on developing the SGCB coverage franchise – this will require product and market knowledge in addition to client experience.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a VP for Coverage Areas your main responsibilities will be:
- To demonstrate awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment and commercial aware in which the firm operates
- Maintain key relationships within SGCB - markets and coverage teams and wider organisation alongside dealing with all the internal groups (Market Risk, Counterparty Risk, Tax, Legal, Middle, Trading, Back…) when trying to get the approvals for either a specific deal or a new product
- Lead others to actively improve service quality and exceed customer expectations
- Accurately record all deal pipeline, client meetings/visits in the Bank's CRM systems
- Organise and participate in events, seminars and hospitality
- Ensure the Bank operates effectively in adherence to internal policies and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities.
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Experience and background in Coverage / Structured Products / Investment Banking
- Knowledge of financial products (derivatives) is essential coupled with knowledge and experience with derivatives and booking systems
- Experience working within Capital Markets
- Expert or wider banking market experience in certain asset classes e.g. Rates, FX, bonds, etc.
- Regulatory knowledge of main financial regulations (Basel 3, Solvency 2, MIFID, etc…)
- Experience working within a team environment is essential
Please note for the duration of your 20 week programme, your salary will be a proration of your annualised salary.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year, prorated
- £6,000 car allowance per year, prorated
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.